The NBA 2K series is known for its thorough franchise mode, catching professional methods, and game-breaking bugs on the web. 2k17 is the 18th edition of the game that is accessible for many devices. But the server issue is constant with this game, and irritating update messages that will not disappear instead you go to the menu, irregularity with things beyond gameplay and modes is the major drawback of this game.
If you are a player of NBA 2K17, there is an extraordinary opportunity for you to encounter the error codes. These error codes result from numerous reasons and prevent the players from signing in to the 2K servers and stop the gamers from playing the multiplayer mode.
However, the error isn’t restricted to NBA 2K17; even the other form users, such as NBA 2K16 and the NBA 2K18, stated they are battling several error codes. These errors are not only limited to particular devices; several other devices such as PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Windows PC also faced these error codes while playing the NBA 2K17.
If you are also facing my NBA 2k17 wont load and NBA 2k17 keeps freezing issues while playing the game, stick to the article and know the possible workarounds to fix the problem.
Common NBA 2K17 Errors
NBA 2K17 Crashes
A bunch of players are grumbling about crashes in the game; most are rare accidents while playing a match, startup crashes, My Career crashes, or a few odd crashes while playing the MyPark feature.
NBA 2K17 Invisible Players
A huge portion of players are grumpy about an unusual issue in which they start a match, and in the next couple of moments of playing, a few characters become invisible. However, some players discovered that the device’s antivirus program caused this issue in the game. This game has conflicted with many security programs.
NBA 2K17 Error Code 4b538e50
When you hit the Connect button from the menu, you can’t associate with the game servers or get some error codes. The most widely faced error code is “4b538e50 2K17″. If you are getting this error, that means you need to update the application, or it might occur due to server issues.
NBA 2K17 Face Scanning Issue
The scanning feature of the NBA 2K16 was buggy, and many players whined that they couldn’t utilize it and put their face on a character’s face. The new adaptation of this game, the NBA 2K17, has similar issues, actually being buggy and difficult to utilize.
NBA 2K17 Freezing
NBA 2k17 freezes at the team screen is another issue that troubles users now and then; whether you are playing this game on your Xbox console or your PC, why does my NBA 2k17 keep freezing? is the most common search term regarding this game.
Common Grounds for Error Codes in NBA2K
Error codes are the most baffling issue with NBA 2K17 as it hampers the gameplay and limits access to the game. However, several grounds trigger the error codes in the game, have a look at some of the reasons that might start the NBA 2K17 bugs.
The chances of occurring error codes, possible using the outdated version of the game. The older version might not be compatible with the updates in the game, so it failed to match up with the server.
Number of NBA 2K Accounts
The exceeding number of accounts in the NBA 2K game can invite several errors during the gameplay. However, the maximum limit of using the account on the Console is 5. If you go above that, the 2k server might block your connection.
How to Fix NBA 2K17 Errors?
To fix the NBA 2k17 error codes, you have to go through some technical workarounds, so we have collected the methods that will help you select the error codes and give you smooth gameplay. Follow the underneath steps;
Check the NBA 2K17’s Server Status
If the servers are down, no troubleshooting strategy will allow you to fix the issue. You’ll have to wait until the servers return on the web so you can play the best basketball game.
Checking the game’s server status is the first thing you need to do in case you get any error in NBA 2k17. It will save you time since. When servers go down, it affects the entire player base, and developers will often be quick with fixes for errors that affect many gamers.
Installing the Latest NBA 2K17 Update
As we have mentioned above, an outdated version of the game causes many issues, and error codes are one of them, so try to update the game to the latest version by following the below-given process.
- First, restart the game multiple times in the offline mode. If it doesn’t work to fix the issue, try to click on the update option that you will get after the error message.
- Now, wait for the download to process and hold your horses until the update installation completes.
- Next, restart the device and check the new settings
- Shut the game on the primary basis, and when the message appears, go for the update option
- Also, you can visit the downloads segment in the Console and find the latest version of the NBA driver available
- Now Click to allow the download and prompt the update process
- Next, install the update, and that will fix the error codes.
Check Player Emails
The chances are high that your registered account may not be verified with the email address, which can cause the issue and trigger the error codes. Hence, you need to update the email address using the underneath process.
- Open the browser and go to the NBA 2k17 website.
- From the homepage, look for the Sign-in button that will be placed in the top-right corner.
- Choose the list of platforms available.
- If you are using multiple platforms to play, ensure that you select the particular platform displaying the error.
- Now enter your account credentials for the MyPlayer account
- After accessing your account, see if the error code is displaying or not on your PC.
Adding to Firewall Exception List
This solution is only valid for computer and PC users, as the Windows firewall might limit downloading files from 3rd party applications. If the firewall figures out the file, it may halt the downloading, so you need to put the file in the Firewall Exception list that allows the downloads.
- First click on Start Menu
- Type the Control Panel and hit the Enter button
- Now find System and Security options from the control panel
- Next, right-click on Windows Defender Firewall/ Windows Firewall
- From the top left of the screen, tap on Allow an app or feature via the Windows Defender Firewall option
- Now search the option of Allow another App and press on it
- Open the NBA2K.exe file of the game from the list
- Ensure that you click all Private and Public Checkboxes and Save the changes
- After that, restart your PC and enjoy the game by starting it
Use First Five Accounts Created on Console
Multiple accounts on the same Console may get you in trouble and cause many errors; if you have created five or more profiles, the chances are high that NBA 2k will mark your profile as spam.
To avoid this, ensure you don’t create an account of more than 5 in a single gaming console. 5 is the maximum limit, so don’t try to cross the limit; else, you will face the consequences.
Change Your DNS Addresses
DNS servers can cause many issues, as they can go down from time to time, which will prompt slow connectivity problems and an unstable network.
Most players use the default DNS addresses that get operated via their ISPs, but the chances are rare that the ISP goes down.
One of the best ways to fix your DNS addresses will be by changing them to accessible ones. Utilizing Google or Open DNS must be enough, and if you can connect with NBA 2K with no issues with your DNS servers, you should stay with the new ones for a better connection.
Reinstalling the Game
If the above solution doesn’t help you fix the issue, try to reinstall the game. It is the best way to remove the files that are stored on your device and those that are completely unnecessary and cause errors in gameplay. Hence, reinstall the game using the underneath steps;
- At first, press the Windows + R key to open the Run, type appwiz.cpl, and press the OK or Enter button.
- The list of games will appear on the screen; now select the NBA and right-click on it.
- Please choose the option of Uninstall; make sure to click on Yes when it asks you to keep your files or delete them.
- Restart the system after the uninstallation.
- You will reinstall the game and see the message “Installer Is Retrieving Files” during the installation.
- Avoid clicking on the cancel button until the installation is finished
- After that, allow the device to find the download option to ensure that the latest updates are in process.
These 7 workarounds are enough to fix the NBA 2k17 freezing and other error codes effectively. The NBA is no doubt one of the most famous games on the internet, but these bugs are an inevitable part of software, application and games, but don’t worry, these solutions can fix the issues in no time. All you need to do is perform the steps carefully.
my nba 2k17 wont load, nba 2k17 bugs, nba 2k17 freezes at team screen, nba 2k17 freezing, Nba 2k17 keeps freezing, why does my nba 2k17 keep freezing