Are you fond of action & role-playing games?
If your revert is yes then, you surely had a great time playing this game developed by FromSoftware and Published by Bandai Namco Entertainment;
In this blog post, we are taking you on a ride to the Elden Ring World- an enchanting place full of action, adrenaline, adventure, magic, excitement, and rush.
And, most importantly, we will provide comprehensive detail on Elden Ring Ashes of War, where to find them, and how to use them as well as the best Ashes of War.
And, as this amazing game will keep you stuck to the screen with its alluring gameplay, here are the top 10 best gaming glasses to protect your eyes.
What is the Elden Ring?
Elden Ring is an action-role-playing, third perspective, and open-world game.
- The popular game was launched on 25th February for Playstation 4, Playstation 5, and Windows as well as for Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S.
- In the respective game, the player is entitled to a customizable character who is on the journey to repair the Elden Ring and hold the throne of Elden lord.
- Elden ring gameplay includes various engaging elements such as combatting with lethal weapons and magic spells, crafting, and horseback riding.
- In addition to the above, players can also gear up their weapons and get the best of the weapons by using enchantments known as “Ashes of War” which we look briefly at in the forthcoming section.
- The motive behind fabricating this game is to provide an evolved version of the Dark Souls series.
FromSoftware wanted to design an open-world game with gameplay resonating with their existing series Dark souls as we have mentioned above.
|Did you Know? By July 2022, Elden Rings had successfully sold over 16.6 million copies.|
So, that’s abstract on the Elden Ring. Now, let’s head to the main highlight of today’s blog which is “Ashes of War”.
What is Ash of War?
“Elden Ring Ashes of War is basically enchantments/enchantments that add abilities to the weapons, shift their scales as well as add new attacks and much more.”
- Using these lethal damage modifiers, players can get the most out of the weapons and complement their builds with enhanced range or utility.
- Including a Weapon art, the Ashes of War also provide Affinity on which we will take a look in a dedicated section.
- These Elden Ring Ashes of War are reusable as well as can easily be detached and reapplied to any weapon at the Sites of Grace by the respective player as much as they like.
|Keep in mind that the Elden Ring Ashes of War can only be applied to specific weapons and gear types. |
For instance: The Thunderbolt (Ash of War) went perfectly with only melee weapons, excluding all other weapons or Parry skill can only be applied to shields and certain small armaments.
|Name ||Elden Ring|
|Genre||Action-Role Playing, Third Perspective, open world.|
|Platform ||Playstation4, Playstation5, Windows, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S |
|Launch Date ||25th January 2022|
|Developed by ||FromSoftware|
|Published by ||Bandai Namco Entertainment |
Elden Ring Ashes of War Locations
As we have illustrated above, how Ashes of War powers your equipment with special abilities and transforms them into powerful damage modifiers.
But, the twist in the tale is acquiring the Elden Ring Ash that gears up your weapon with enchanting abilities is not easy as it sounds.
- You may discover some of the Ash of War in the starting areas scale possessed with stats such as strength and dexterity the same way as weapons and armour.
- Although, finding more exotic properties such as Magic, lightning, Blood, and Fire can wield enormous strength and power to Elden Ring Weapons.
So, let’s check out where you can find and own more Ashes of War in Elden Ring.
|By eliminating the bosses and tough foes, you can earn Elden Ring Ashes.|
|The Respective Ashes can also be acquired from striving locations taken over by enemies.|
|With specific weapons, it comes pre-attached.|
|Ashes of War can be purchased from certain merchants for instance: from Bernahl at the Warmaster’s Shack in Limgrave. |
With regards to the above, what if we say you can also duplicate your Ashes of War? Sounds great, right?
- Simply by handing over the lost Ashes of War to the Smithing Master Hewg, you will be able to duplicate Ashes of War.
So, these are the paths through which you can find Elden Ring Ashes and inherit your weapons with splendid abilities and specialize it to a particular stat.
Know How to Use Ashes of War Elden Ring?
Applying your owned Ashes of War to your equipment (weapons and shields) is very simple and if you are still feeling puzzled, we have cited the steps below which you can check out.
- To apply Ashes of War to your Weapon, it is required that you are at the “Site of Grace” which you can visit by acquiring a “Whetstone knife.”
You can also head to the “Smithing Master Hewg” at the “Roundtable Hold” in order to get the akin services.
- Next, once you get inside the menu titled, “Ashes of War”, you will be able to manage all of your discovered Ashes effortlessly.
And, that’s how you can easily use Ashes of War on your equipment in the Edlen Ring as well as it is important to keep in mind that any gear you detach from the Ashes, it will return to its conventional state.
All Ashes of War Elden Ring
In the Elden ring, you will come across various Ashes of War that are possessed with exotic properties and the ability to replace your weapons skills and Affinities of your equipment with the new ones.
So, let’s check all Ashes of War in Elden Ring, and later, we will look at Elden Ring- the best Ashes of War.
Best Ashes of War Elden Ring
Now that you have been well acquainted with what is Elden Ring, where you can obtain them as well as how you can use them, you must be curious about to know what are the best Elden Ring Ashes of War.
So with your rising curiosity let’s head to the best Elden Ring Ashes you can acquire and toggle up your weapon with splendid abilities and virtues.
|Ashes Of War ||Characteristics ||Best For|
|5. The Glintblade Phalanx ||The Glintblade PhalanxForms an arch of the blade over the caster’s head. |
It impulsively affects nearby enemies creating devastating damage.
Players require an intelligence level of 22 to use this respective Ash of War.
This Ash of War can easily be gained simply after Godrick the Grafted and speaking to the Sorcerer Rogier in Roundtable hold.
Exceptionally fruitful when dealing with a single enemy and helps in wrecking the stance conveniently.
|INT Builds |
|4. Thunderbolt ||It enables players to unleash the fatal lightning bolts in quick succession on mere 10 focus points.|
It has a tremendous influence on all the nearby foes.
This Ash of Fire doesn’t ask for too much FP.
It Can be Applied on all the close-combat weapons or melee without any exceptions
Thunderbolt can be looted from the Teardrop Beetle in Leyndell.
|DEX Builds |
|3. Gravitas ||Forms a gravity well that attracts all the nearby players towards it.|
Helps in affecting multiple foes enormously at once.
The respective Ash of War can be acquired from Slender WayFarer situated near the Seaside Ruins Site of Grave in Limgrave.
|Int Builds |
|2. Carian Grandeur||Charged with enhanced attack speed and charging rate.|
Possess rapid recharge times that help in applying in close-combat quarters.
Can denote through the pack of enemies quickly.
On top of the table with STR/INT Builds as compared to others.
|Perfect for STR/INT Builds.|
|1. Bloody Slash ||A Hercules move that damages the foes significantly.|
Powers the Blood Affinity to the respective weapon.
Ability to wreck down the stance of many bosses with a single hit.
Comes at a Low cost with the rapid speed of use.
|Dex and ARC builds.|
Elden Ring Ashes of War Affinity Illustrated
“Affinities have basically the role of enhancing one specific damage scaling stat by lowering the others and overpowering your equipment & specialising to a particular stat.”
- Affinities are linked to the Ashes of War but bear in mind that not any weapon can obtain any affinity, it totally relies on the weapons themselves.
- You also have the option of expansion by adding two or three new affinities to your roster by finding unique items termed Whetblades.
In the upcoming section, we will glimpse all the Whetblades and where you can find them.
Now, let’s head back to the Affinities and their scaling.
|Affinities ||Scaling |
|Keen||Strength scaling -1, dex scaling +1|
|Quality||Strength scaling +1, dex scaling +1|
|Heavy||Strength scaling +2, dex scaling disappears|
|Magic||Strength scaling -1, dex scaling -1, adds D tier intelligence scaling, and magic damage|
|Sacred||Strength scaling -1, dex scaling -1, adds D tier faith scaling, and holy damage|
|Blood||D tier strength, D tier dex, adds D tier arcane scaling, and blood loss buildup|
|Occult||Strength scaling -1, dex scaling -1, adds C tier arcane scaling|
|Poison ||Strength scaling +1, dex scaling +1, Arcane scaling +1, adds poison buildup|
|Cold||Strength scaling -1, dex scaling -1, adds D tier intelligence scaling, and frost buildup|
|Fire||D tier strength, E tier dexterity, and adds fire damage|
|Lightning ||E tier strength, D tier dexterity, and adds lightning damage. |
Elden Ring Whetblades
As we have mentioned in the prior section, Whetbaldes are special items that expand options and enable players to include two or three new Affinities to the roster.
|Whetblade ||Location ||Affinities |
|Whetstone Knife||Gatefront Ruins, Limgrave ||No Affinity (utilised to apply Ashes of War at Sites of Grace).|
|Iron Whetblade ||Stormveil Castle, Limgrave||Quality/Keen/Heavy|
|Glintstone Whetblade||Ray Lucaria Academy, Liurnia of the Lakes ||Cold/Magic|
|Red-Hot Whetblade||Redmane Castle, Caelid||Flame Art/Fire |
|Sanctified Whetblade||Fortified Manor, Leyndell, Royal Captial||Lightning/Sacred|
|Black Whetblade ||Night’s Sacred Ground Nokron ||Occult/Poison/Blood |
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
In this section, we have answered some frequently asked questions by the Elden Ring enthusiasts.
Ans: Standard and Quality are both the affinity types of Elden Ring Ashes of War.
When you choose the “Standard” affinity, it will not alter your weapon scaling whereas when going for the “Quality” affinity, strength scaling goes by +1 as well as the dex scaling.
Ans: The best blood Ashes of War in Elden Ring undoubtedly are Seppuku and
Bloody Slash. These two respective Blood Ashes of War are very powerful enchantments.
- Players will find Seppuku on the frozen river bank on the Giant’s Mountaintops.
- And, when it comes to BloodySlash, the blood Ashes of War can be found in the initial stage of the game at Fort Haight in Limgrave.
Ans: The top 5 Ashes of War with the most damages in the Elden Ring are as follows:
- Gargoyle’s Heavy Halberd
- Attack Rating = 782 (275 + 507)
- Ruins Greatsword
- Attack Rating = 857 (303 + 554)
- Attack Rating = 874 (349 + 525)
- Prelate’s Heavy Inferno Crozier
- Attack Rating = 918 (332 + 586)
- Heavy Giant-Crusher
- Attack Rating = 947 (330 + 617)