So, you want to play PlayStation 4 on your mobile, but you cannot do it as such games are designed for PlayStation 4 only. Don’t worry! Many people have raised their concerns regarding the PlayStation 4 emulator and find it difficult to play PS4 games on mobile. In order to provide users with an easy solution and as a response to the demands of the people – we present you a list of 10 best PlayStation 4 Emulators available for Android, iPhone, iPad and PC platforms
PS4 Emulator for Android & iOS
These days, a lot of users tend to move from one device to another for numerous reasons. For example, some may want to switch from Android to iOS or vice versa. Others just want to play the same games on their PC as the ones they play on their smartphone.
Of course, that’s not possible in every scenario, which is why we’re going to discuss the best PS4 emulator for Android and iOS.
However, before we get there, let us answer a question that is probably on your mind.
What Are Emulators for Android?
Before we jump into the list of emulators, let’s first learn what an emulator actually is.
Well, an emulator is a software that allows you to run apps and games that were designed for other operating systems on your current OS. Although they are not 100% efficient, they do allow you to enjoy most of your favourite games without having to buy a separate device just for them.
Now that you know what an emulator is, it’s time we take a look at the list of top emulators for Android and iOS devices.
List of 10 Best PS4 Emulator for Android & iOS
GBA.emu is an advanced GBA Emulator for Android and iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad, etc.). It is a paid emulator but believes me it’s worth it.
GBA.emu has a very nice user interface. It can easily emulate GBA Games without having any lags or glitches.
It supports Bluetooth/MOGA controllers and many more features like save states, hardware controller support, and much more!
The GBA.emu has multiple options for linking games over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, as well as native support for the iCade controller. The Android TV version also adds support for the NVIDIA Shield Controller, and a variety of USB and Bluetooth gamepads.
GBA.emu features two-screen layout modes: portrait and landscape, that can be swapped at any time by tapping the menu button. You can also change the transparency of the overlay controls to suit your preference. The configuration options allow you to change things like the default disk drive letter, save states, controller opacity, and more. All in all, it’s a great emulator with which you can enjoy countless hours of fun on your Android device.
Features of the GBA.Emu
- Cheat Code Support
- Controller Customization
- Fast Forward
- Hardware Controller supports
- Sensor/Tilt/Solar support (requires special hardware)
- Excellent compatibility with games
- High compatibility (compared to other emulators)
- Save states function
- Excellent sound emulation with support for stereo speakers, surround sound, and headphones
- Support for cheat codes using GameShark, GameGenie, and ActionReplay code formats
- Ability to capture screenshots of the games being played
ePSXe emulator is an Android application for Sony PlayStation games. It can emulate most of the popular PS games with ease. The application has been designed to enable you to play the PlayStation games on your Android device without any issues or lags. This is one of the most popular and best android emulators for PS games. You can download it from the Google Play Store or the official website of ePSXe.
Features of the ePSXe Emulator
- The emulator has support for OpenGL HD enhanced graphics.
- The emulator has got gamepad support with touchscreen controls, hardware controller support, and a virtual gamepad too.
- There is cheat support with Gameshark.
- There are virtual touchscreen pads that can be shown in both portrait and landscape modes along with customizable skin and key placement.
- There are many different plugins that can be downloaded from the official website of the app developers, so you can customise your app experience as per your needs.
- There are many different languages that are supported by this emulator to make it more accessible to users all around the world.
- Supports BIOS emulation.
- Contains advanced video plug-ins that can be used to enhance video graphics.
- Open functions with the help of a gamepad and buttons.
- Supports OpenGL HD enhanced graphics thanks to Peopsxgl Plugin, cheat codes as well as save states and memcards compatibility with the PC version.
- The emulator supports the most popular PlayStation games, but not all of them.
M64Plus FZ Emulator is a Nintendo 64 emulator for Android devices that allows you to enjoy the entire catalogue from the Nintendo 64-bit console. Simply download the app, select your ROMs and start playing.
M64Plus FZ Emulator offers excellent compatibility with N64 titles, making it easy to play all of the most popular titles from this classic console. You can even save and load games whenever you want, as well as adjust various aspects of the game’s graphics and audio.
All in all, M64Plus FZ Emulator is a great Nintendo 64 emulator that lets you play some of the most popular titles from this legendary console directly on your Android device.
Features of the M64Plus FZ Emulator
- Save and restore game state anywhere, anytime
- On-screen multi-touch controls for playing games
- Customizable keys. You can configure buttons to perform different actions.
- Supports hardware keyboards and controllers including gamepads, joysticks, etc.
- Highly customizable virtual controller! You can adjust the size and position of each button to suit your needs.
- Supports multiple languages: English, Russian, Japanese and Chinese
- Support for most games
- Lets you save game states
- Emulator runs fast enough
- Initial setup is a little tricky
- No sound support in some games
PPSSPP is the best, original and only PSP emulator for Android. It runs a lot of games, but depending on the power of your device all may not run at full speed. No games are included with this download. Use your own real PSP games and turn them into. ISO or.CSO files, or simply play free homebrew games, which are available online. Put those in /PSP/GAME on your SD card / USB storage.
It is designed to be played on a big screen, such as a TV or computer monitor. The controls are adapted for keyboard and mouse or gamepad, but a touch screen can be used as well if you like. Though you can play some games with PPSSPP even without them.
Features of the PPSSPP-PSP
- Highly portable, even for low-end devices.
- Open source under the GPL 2 licence.
- Plays PSP games on your Android device in high definition; up to 1080p (depending on the game and your device).
- Custom PPSSPP shaders.
- Savegames (with thumbnail previews), states, load states.
- Multiplayer using WiFi or Bluetooth.
- It is a very fast and reliable PSP emulator.
- It has several different games in it, and they all run smoothly on this emulator.
- The emulator is compatible with almost every game that is available for the PSP.
- The controls are not customizable
- You can’t play games that are in the PAK format
- The performance of some games is poor
ClassicBoy is a game emulator for Android devices. It has two versions, free and gold. The free version only supports two controllers, so you may want to buy the paid version if you want more than that.
The emulator supports multiple platforms, including PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Classic and Colour, and Arcade (MAME). You can play your favourite games from these platforms on your Android device.
The emulator does not come with any games. You will have to download them on your own. The emulator can play ROMs from ZIP files or you can create a folder on your phone and put the ROM files there. The emulator can also load ROMs from a microSD card.
The emulator saves all of your progress automatically so you do not have to worry about losing it when you exit the app. The emulator also allows you to save states so you can continue playing after exiting the app.
The interface of the app is clean and easy to use. All of the buttons are clearly marked and there are no ads in the emulator’s interface. There is an ad banner at the bottom of the screen but it doesn’t get in the way of gameplay.
Features of ClassicBoy Gold PS4
- ClassicBoy Gold PS4 Emulator comes with a few good features that can make your experience smooth and fun. Some of the features of this emulator are.
- The on-screen multi-touch controls are customizable. You can customise a maximum of 8 button layout profiles.
- It supports external controllers such as WiiMote, Sixaxis, Xbox 360, Ipega, etc.
- You can remap hardware buttons to emulate touch controls.
- It has OpenGL 2.0 and OpenGL 3.0 support.
- It has autofire support and turbo speed emulation features that make your experience much better.
- Favourites feature is available to organise games according to your choice
- It supports multiple types of controllers, and it has the ability to simulate gesture operations.
- It has a function for recording game play.
- It can save and load states.
- It has a high compatibility rate.
- There are plugins for additional functionality.
- The screen size is too small to play games, you need a bigger screen
- The emulator doesn’t support all games, for example, the newest AAA titles.
- You need a high end phone with a powerful CPU and GPU if you want to play PS4 games on your Android/iOS device.
EmuBox Gold is a PlayStation 4 (PS4) emulator for Android and iOS devices. It has been in development since 2016, and it can run most games at full speed (60fps).
The emulator is capable of running more than 100 different types of game ROMs, including PSX, GBA, SNES, GBC, NES and NDS. So you can run several different games on a single EmuBox Gold app.
However, not all of these emulators are created equal. The best ones offer better graphics and game play performance than their counterparts. EmuBox Gold is one of the best emulators available today because it offers a wide range of features that make gaming experience enjoyable.
You can also enjoy playing games with your friends using this emulator. This means that you do not have to worry about losing any data when playing online games since it has its own memory card slot. You can also customise the controls so that they fit your preference.
Features of EmuBox Gold
- It supports NDS game file formats.
- It supports cheat codes. The cheat codes can be entered in the GameShark v3 format.
- It has a fast forward feature which can speed up the emulation process by 2x – 16x.
- It also has a save state feature which makes it possible to save progress at any point in a game and return to that exact point later on. You can save up to 20 save states per game.
- On-screen keypad (multi-touch requires Android 2.0 or later), as well as shortcut buttons such as load/save.
- EmuBox gold is the fastest emulator ever built and can run any game on your mobile device.
- The application is compatible with multiple gaming consoles including Game Boy, Nintendo DS, PlayStation, and so on.
- The app supports high-end games without any lags or issues.
- You will experience a high performance when playing complex games on your phone or tablet. You can play games like God of War, Final Fantasy IX, Crash Bandicoot and many more.
- The user interface of the application is very simple and user-friendly. It comes with different options and settings to enable you to enjoy gaming on your phone with ease.
- The first disadvantage of EmuBox Gold is that it does not support the latest Android version.
- Another disadvantage with the EmuBox Gold PS4 Emulator is that it doesn’t offer any instructions on how to set up or use the emulator.
The RetroArch PS4 Emulator is a fantastic way to play classic PlayStation games on your Android or iOS device, but it requires a PC to install and run. That’s where the RetroArch PS4 emulator for Android & iOS comes in.
This app makes the process of playing PlayStation games on Android, iOS and Windows 10 devices much easier. It lets you use your standard touchscreen controls, rather than an on-screen joystick, making it possible for you to play with your phone or tablet as if it was a dedicated console.
It’s also important to note that this app requires an internet connection to authorise install and updates.
Features of RetroArch
Platforms supported: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Android TV and Windows PC.
Gamepad support: supports the default gamepad of your console.
Video filters and video output: supports full screen and windowed modes along with common video filters like sRGB, HLSL, bilinear and more.
Audio filters: supports audio filters like Dolby Digital Live and DTS 5.1.
Save states: saves the state of your games. You can rewind up to 10 seconds or even restart from a save point!
Config friendly: automatically detects your gamepad and configures itself accordingly.
Easy to use: just open the app and start playing!
- Play all PlayStation 4 games on Android and iOS devices.
- You can play both offline and online matches.
- Cost effective: No need to buy a console and games
- The interface of this emulator resembles something from the 90’s and it does not look great.
- It is difficult regarding configuring controls.
Drastic DS Emulator latest version vr220.127.116.11a is a Nintendo DS emulator for Android, iOS and Windows PC that allows you to enjoy the full catalogue from Nintendo’s portable console directly from your Android phone or tablet.
Drastic DS Emulator is a powerful Nintendo DS emulator for Android smartphones and tablets, enabling you to enjoy all the catalogue for this portable console. Thanks to this app, you can play all sorts of games from the Pokémon saga or Super Mario Bros in their highest resolution, as well as other less known titles such as WarioWare or Feel the Magic: XY/XX.
If we’re talking about Nintendo DS emulation on Android, there’s really only one option: DraStic. It boasts high compatibility rates, speed, and extra features like cheat codes and fast-forward mode.
For a game like Pokémon Black and White to be played on an Android terminal with touch controls instead of buttons and D-pad, it’s essential to have an intelligent control system that makes sense of the conversion between two very different interfaces. This is where DraStic excels since it offers several ways to configure its controls.
Features of Drastic DS
- Customizable controls on screen.
- Option to save lots of your game and resume later from that very same point.
- Exclusive boost mode that permits you to hurry up games by up to 200%.
- Capability to synchronise your save games with Google Drive.
- Support for physical controllers like Nvidia Shield and Xperia Play.
- It is the only 3DS Emulator that allows users to play Nintendo 3DS games at 100% speed on most of the Android devices.
- It has a simple user interface and it is quite easy to use.
- You can save and load your game progress using the save state feature.
- You can also fast forward your games with this emulator.
- This emulator allows users to customise their gaming experience using some of its features like portrait and landscape display, etc.
- It has Google Drive support which lets you backup your game progress in the cloud storage service so that you can restore it anytime if you change your device or lose the data for some reason.
- It is not possible to download the drastic emulator from Google Play Store.
- The emulator may get hanged while playing games on it.
- Games need to have high RAM in order to play smoothly.
- Some games are unable to run due to hardware limitations.
Fpse ps4 emulator is the best emulator to play PS4 games on Android and iOS Smartphones. Moreover, this emulator is available for free of cost so that you don’t have to pay anything from your pocket. The main aim of this emulator is to provide the users with a gaming experience like never before.
Fpse ps4 emulator can be downloaded for free of cost on your Android and iOS Smartphones. This particular emulator supports almost all the popular games like Final Fantasy, God of War, Metal Gear Solid and many more. The developers of this emulator are very active in updating it to provide an optimal gaming experience.
The emulator supports OpenGL HD enhanced graphics thanks to the peopsxgl plugin, offering higher resolution than the original pixels, anti-aliasing and textures filtering to make your old PSOne games look better than their HD remakes!
Features of FPse PS4
- Some of the features of FPse are:
- Supports almost all game titles.
- Playstation BIOS is included in the app.
- Save states and cheat codes are supported.
- High compatibility with over 2,000 games.
- Ultra fast CD-ROM access speed by accessing to ISO file directly
- Ability to save anywhere anytime (with screenshot)
- Smooth graphic support with OpenGL es2.0+ or OpenGL es1.1 with texture pack at a very smooth fps! Texture pack support up to 8192×8192 (need a very good phone to use this feature)
- Compressed iso support (ZIP/RAR/7zip/ecm)
- This app can be installed easily on any Android devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- You can also use this emulator app if you want to play your favourite PS3, PS1, and PSP games easily.
- There are some useful features that you can find in this app, such as BIOS emulation, gamepad compatibility, customizable layout, etc.
- FPse is available in some different languages, including English, French, Italian, Dutch, Spanish, German, Portuguese Brazilian, Russian and Portuguese European.
- The FPse PS4 Emulator application will be a bit slow because it is an initial version that still needs to be developed.
- The FPse PS4 Emulator application is also often interrupted, so you should not play games that are too long and need to be played continuously.
- In addition, the FPse PS4 Emulator application also crashes frequently, so it will make you not comfortable when playing.
- The FPse PS4 Emulator application is very heavy in terms of storage capacity, so make sure you have enough storage space.
Citra Android & iOS Emulator is the most famous and well-known emulator that allows you to play Nintendo 3DS games on your device. It works on both Android and iOS.
Citra is the first emulator of the handheld game console Nintendo 3DS, developed by Citra Team. Citra can currently emulate, with varying degrees of success, a wide variety of different homebrew programs and commercial software.
Citra was created in April 2014. The name Citra has been derived from CTR, which is the model name of the original 3DS.
Citra can run almost all homebrew games and many commercial games. The emulator can display both screens at the same time, though if a game is single-player only, it will only render the default screen.
Features of Citra Emulator
- It is free and open source.
- It supports multiple platforms such as Windows, Linux and Mac.
- It has been ported to Android and IOS devices.
- It can be run on low end devices with the help of third party apps like BlueStacks or Android.
- It supports OpenGL ES 2.0 and thus will not work with older versions of OpenGL such as those found in older video cards or integrated graphics solutions like Intel HD Graphics 4000/6000/8000 etc.
- It supports all major graphics APIs including DirectX 11, OpenGL 4.5 (which means support for DirectX 12), Vulkan 1.1 (which means support for DirectX 13) and Metal 2 (which means support for DirectX 14).
- It supports all major CPU architectures including x86_64/AMD64, ARMv7
- Citra is the only emulator with Citra Emulator for iOS built-in microphone support.
- Performance is much better than the other emulators and it runs games at 60fps on 720p.
- Also, it has an option to save your game progress on cloud storage so that you can resume your game whenever you want without losing any progress.
- It can run multiple games at the same time in different windows.
- You can increase or decrease internal resolution and control the frame rate of games up to 60fps or higher.
- You can’t play online in multiplayer mode
- The automated update feature doesn’t work quite right.
- The game lags at times when you use the HD texture pack
- If you don’t have a powerful machine, it will not run smoothly
Finally, we did the comparison in the article. If you can go through this comparison carefully then you will be able to get the best PS4 emulator. Just go with PCSX4 on your PC, GBA.Emu on Android, or PS4EMX for iOS PC and have fun playing games on them whenever and wherever you want.