With more frontier technologies on the go, the full immersion of people in the gameplay becomes smoother and simpler. The contemporary market is filled with AR, VR, and MR games. From this list, the term free online slot machines will be clearer. To find out what varieties will be closer to your taste palette, the first step is to find out what abbreviations mean. Online slots are grid interfaces, where spins and bonus rounds make the difference, letting users win great prizes. What about ARG in gaming? Stay tuned to find out. Onwards!
Why Should You Care About Terminology?
The mission to find the best ARG games will be a little twist since it isn’t clear what types of service you are actually interested in. This sample illustrates that the same abbreviation is applied to two relative phenomena in the gaming and gambling market.
What is ARG in games? Check for more detail in the table below.
|ARG||Alternative reality games are frequently described as “transmedia storytelling” tools. It is pretty similar to augmented reality in terms of its visual performance. However, the leading difference is the gameplay. The players’ actions are related to the target platform only, regardless of how interactive the interface is.|
|ARG||Augmented reality games are a result of overlaying virtual reality with the real world. If you aren’t a regular gamer, Instagram or Snapchat filters will be a stunning sample in this case. The most brilliant examples of augmented reality games are Pokemon GO and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.|
|VR||These solutions are based on virtual reality technology and require special equipment to proceed with. They are appreciated for an exceptional player immersion in the game plot. Unlike typical 3D games, these options provide you with a 360-degree experience.|
|MR||Mixed reality games are already self-explanatory in their title. Whether you compare this universe with the reverse augmented reality or with the more in-depth implementation of virtual reality in the reality, each will be correct.|
|XR||This abbreviation refers to extended reality. Such solutions are a rising star in the market, combining the benefits of other realities and resulting in astonishingly unprecedented gameplay. You will find here the features of virtual, augmented, and mixed reality.|
What You Should Know About Alternate Reality Games
As in the case of Inferno slots, which were once available to play at a local casino, augmented reality games have repeated the development principle of one-armed bandits. That means these solutions are now available for other playing platforms as well, which makes them more accessible experiences. Overall, software developers have prepared several alternate reality games for PC, iOS, and Android.
To become a fluent user of alternate reality games on Android, interested parties have to be geeks in its glossary:
- To increase the in-game pressure, developers implement TINAG elements. This is not a game, they say.
- The meaning of the puppet master is clear — that is a “person” who masters the game. Players will depend on their powers since puppet masters ensure a game is fair and won’t finish too soon.
- In the alternate reality gaming universe, websites as a starting point are usually called rabbit holes. There is no direct way back, so you should solve the puzzle.
Top-Notch ARG Games in 2022
Although the development of true ARG solutions isn’t as active as in the case of ARG and VRG (just guess what is), the list of fun alternate reality games is complemented with arrivals. The following games will bring great moments to your evening:
- Released in 2020, The White Door is compatible with Windows, iOS, and Android playing platforms. It was developed by Rusty Lake and published by Second Maze. Its storytelling line is based on puzzle-solving strategies and single-player gameplay. Let’s introduce Robert Hill to you — the main character of this game. Just imagine what a person feels after the memory loss and opening their eyes in a mental health facility. Would you be able to help the hero collect his memories back? It is high time to find out. The alternate reality elements include interactions with internet-browsing activities.
- DEMA was released by Twenty One Pilots, a famous American band, in 2018. The puzzling line is heavy and includes multiple images, secret codes, and messages from the main character. You will join Clancy, trying to help the main hero escape from DEMA. The latter is an oppressive organization. If you want to join Twenty One Pilots fans and get acquainted with their creativity, it is a once-in-a-lifetime chance.
- Published in 2017 by No Man’s Sky, Waking Titan is definitely worth trying. Despite its commercial nature, this game will be a stunning chance to find out more about the alternate reality gaming performance. The plot is multi-disciplinary and multi-component, so it will be exciting to track what is going to happen next. Customers owe the creation of this adventure-time solution to Hello Games and Alice & Smith.
- Developed by Dynamic Pixels, Hello Neighbor is still ongoing. You have probably tried or heard about its ancestor. Unlike the vibe of the original story, this horror-genre survival solution is a stealth game. After release, it was available for playing on Xbox and Microsoft Windows. In less than a year, in 2018, the range of compatible platforms was enriched by Android, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and PlayStation 4. The sequel of this game is expected to be released in the upcoming future: the pre-order process has already been initiated. If you like this universe (and you will surely do), it is a wonderful idea to try other chapters in practice. So far, one prequel and two multiplayer spin-offs have been developed and released.
More pioneer alternate game versions aren’t any less exciting. Enthusiasts are welcome to give a try to The Beast from A.I.: Artificial Intelligence, The Dark Knight ARG, Year Zero within the Nine Inch Nails story, and I Love Bees from Halo 2.
Wrap It Up
All in all, alternate reality games will make your expectations go viral — the full immersion in the play and its plot is guaranteed. Their performance can include fake phone calls, strange websites, and hidden objects which seem so real. These role-playing games will make you switch between reality and fantasy for a second.